4.02.2010

sonoma is the most beautiful place in california. i didn't know that california had places this green and lush. while i was there it rained, hard. being that i refuse to wear anything that's actually warm, i froze the whole time.
even though i had a great time, there are a couple of things about "norcal" that really really make me sad:
 1. NO ONE IN SONOMA SMOKES. Seriously and if you smoke in front of them, you get skin melting looks from everyone. I literally had to hide behind things so that people wouldn't see me.
2. NO ONE IN SONOMA WEARS ANYTHING OTHER THAN SWEATPANTS AND TANK TOPS. This goes back to one of my biggest pet peeves, when women wear pajamas in the light of day. Plus, I got the same look when I wore a dress as I did when I had a cigarette dangling from my lips.
3. NO ONE IN SONOMA LISTENS TO GOOD MUSIC. Okay, that might be a generalization, but let me just give you a few examples of what I heard while I was there: "Hello darkness my old friend" "How the fuck do you know that song?", "The people all call her Alaska, between worlds so that people ask her." "Turn that shit off." Also, on the way to a hockey game, the driver of the car played Silverstein, Panic! at the Disco, She Wants Revenge and A Day to Remember, needless to say, I almost killed myself. In fact I imagined the scene, I'd open the car door and scream, "No Silverstein EVERRRRR!" and then plunge to my death like Mufasa.
4. NO ONE IN SONOMA KNOWS HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH. I want to become a talk show host, so I can buy a dictionary, thesaurus and first grade grammar book for every student at sonoma state. 
Sonoma looks like Whales, but feels like middle America. I like it for a couple days, but I miss Long Beach so, so, so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment